Want to optimize your videos for YouTube? Bet you do! Here’s the inside scoop on the audio and video specifications you need to get to the top of YouTube. Use this checklist.
How to Tweak your Videos for YouTube
To optimize your Videos for YouTube, follow these steps:
- Recommended Resolution: Original resolution of your video for HD should be 1920×1080 (1080p) or 1280 x 720.
- Bit rate – As bit-rates depend on codecs, there is no recommended or minimum value. Instead, optimize your videos for resolution, aspect ratio and frame rate rather than bit rate.
- Frame rate – Maintain the frame rate of the original video without re-sampling. Pulldown and other frame rate re-sampling techniques are not recommended.
- Codec – YouTube prefers H.264 or MPEG-2.
- Containers – YouTube prefers FLV, MPEG-2, and MPEG-4
How to Tweak your Audio for YouTube
To optimize your Audio files for YouTube, follow these steps:
- Codec – MP3 or AAC
- Containers – FLV, MPEG-2, and MPEG-4
- Sampling rate – 44.1kHz
- Channels – 2 (stereo)
Those are some ways to optimize your Videos for YouTube. What else did I miss?